How do I determine eligibility for VA treatment of military sexual trauma?

According to the VA, any veteran who believes he/she has experienced military sexual trauma can apply for  counseling and treatment at any VA medical facility, Readjustment Counseling Service or Veterans Benefits Office. You can apply to receive  treatment of any sexual trauma related injury, illness or psychological condition without a copayment. Service connected rating is not required to receive services. Eligibility is open to veterans with less than 24 months of active duty service, Reservists and members of National Guard units who were activated to full-time status in the Armed Forces. 

Continue Learning about Sexual Assault

Why Is It So Hard to Define Sexual Assault?
Sexual assault. Rape. Sexual violence. What does each term mean? “These terms are really different preferences for how to describe what is essentiall...
Can sexual assault involve someone I dated?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Not only can sexual assault involve someone you dated, statistics show that you are at equal risk of...
Are survivors of military sexual trauma more prone to illness?
Howard Fradkin, PhDHoward Fradkin, PhD
What is important to be aware of is that survivors of military sexual trauma face tremendous stress ...
Why Ali Vincent Wanted to Share Her Story