How do I determine eligibility for VA treatment of military sexual trauma?

According to the VA, any veteran who believes he/she has experienced military sexual trauma can apply for  counseling and treatment at any VA medical facility, Readjustment Counseling Service or Veterans Benefits Office. You can apply to receive  treatment of any sexual trauma related injury, illness or psychological condition without a copayment. Service connected rating is not required to receive services. Eligibility is open to veterans with less than 24 months of active duty service, Reservists and members of National Guard units who were activated to full-time status in the Armed Forces. 

Continue Learning about Sexual Assault

Want to Help #MeToo? Here's What to Teach Your Boys
The #MeToo movement has given women the strength to come forward and speak about experiences of sexual harassment and assault. While listening to thes...
How can I lower my risk of sexual assault?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Sexual assault occurs with friends and family as well, not just from strangers while out of your hom...
What is sexual assault?
Dr. Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDDr. Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Sexual assault is being subjected to any kind of activity of a sexual nature that is unwanted or unw...
Reality TV Star Opens Up About Sexual Assault