Are threats a form of military sexual trauma?

Yes, threats are a form of military sexual trauma. Any time you felt pressured by physical threat, negative consequences or retaliation into a sexual act it is sexual trauma. Other experiences include unwelcomed sexual advances, offensive remarks about your body or sexual activities and unwanted grabbing or touching. If you experienced any of these during active duty or training, the VA considers it military sexual trauma.

Continue Learning about Sexual Assault

How to Spot the Signs of Sex Trafficking
Human sex trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery happening globally, where people are forced into commercial sex. In the US, if the individual is...
How do I determine eligibility for VA treatment of military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
According to the VA, any veteran who believes he/she has experienced military sexual trauma can appl...
How do I file a VA disability claim for military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
To file a VA disability claim for military sexual trauma, you should first submit it with your regio...
Reality TV Star Opens Up About Sexual Assault