What should I do if I can't have an orgasm?

Many factors can affect a person's ability to have an orgasm, so you shouldn't worry too much if you're unable to have one at some point. The inability to orgasm may just be temporary. Factors like stress, fatigue, illness, and relationship troubles may temporarily affect your ability to have an orgasm. Some more chronic problems, such as depression, performance anxiety, and body image issues, may also affect your ability to orgasm. Experimenting with new sex techniques and talking with your partner may be easy fixes for your problems with orgasming. If that doesn't work or if you're worried about your inability to orgasm, your doctor may be able to recommend solutions such as couples' counseling or sex therapy.

Continue Learning about Orgasm

Can You Actually Live Longer If You Have More Orgasms?
Orgasm, climax, the big O—whatever you want to call it, you’re probably a big fan. But did you know that, according to a Planned Parenthood survey, 15...
Are orgasms and ejaculation the same thing?
An orgasm is not the same thing as ejaculation, although the two often occur together. An orgasm is ...
How does the accessory olfactory system work?
In the past five years, scientists have become extremely interested in the body's "accessory olfacto...
Can Orgasms Improve Health?
Can Orgasms Improve Health?