Is it necessary to have an orgasm to enjoy sex?

While an orgasm is the climax of sexual arousal and is therefore often the goal of sex, you can still enjoy sex without having an orgasm. Many people find that the more they focus on having an orgasm, the more difficult it is to actually orgasm. It's more important to focus on the overall pleasure of sexual activity. Love and intimacy are also important parts of sex. Even without orgasming, sex still feels good. Concentrating on what feels good and what makes your partner feel good may or may not lead to orgasm, but it can still lead to feelings of sexual satisfaction.

Continue Learning about Orgasm

Can You Actually Live Longer If You Have More Orgasms?
Orgasm, climax, the big O—whatever you want to call it, you’re probably a big fan. But did you know that, according to a Planned Parenthood survey, 15...
What should I do if my partner can't have an orgasm?
If your partner has problems orgasming, it's important to maintain a strong relationship and not get...
Why do people hold their breath as they approach orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
The reason people hold their breath as they approach orgasm is because their thoracic diaphragm is c...
What Is an Orgasm?
What Is an Orgasm?