Is it necessary to have an orgasm to enjoy sex?

While an orgasm is the climax of sexual arousal and is therefore often the goal of sex, you can still enjoy sex without having an orgasm. Many people find that the more they focus on having an orgasm, the more difficult it is to actually orgasm. It's more important to focus on the overall pleasure of sexual activity. Love and intimacy are also important parts of sex. Even without orgasming, sex still feels good. Concentrating on what feels good and what makes your partner feel good may or may not lead to orgasm, but it can still lead to feelings of sexual satisfaction.

Continue Learning about Orgasm

What is the ejaculation reflex?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
The ejaculation reflex allows for delivery of the sperm during the climax in sexual intercourse. Ner...
What is the difference between clitoral and G-spot orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Orgasm happens when you generate a sufficient level of sexual tension in your body to cross a thresh...
Where Are My Partner's Erogenous Zones?
Where Are My Partner's Erogenous Zones?
What Causes an Orgasm?
What Causes an Orgasm?