Does having an orgasm increase the likelihood of conception?

While it's by no means necessary to have an orgasm to get pregnant, women who orgasm between 1 minute before and 45 minutes after their partner's ejaculation have a higher tendency to retain sperm compared to those who don't have an orgasm.

On the man's side, orgasm is required, because during orgasm fireworks in the brain cause contractions in lots of muscles in his body. Those contractions help him penetrate deeper and squeeze the prostate to eject sperm deep into the vagina.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Orgasm

How do orgasms affect the brain?
Orgasms obviously affect your genitals, but they also affect your brain. During sexual activity, you...
Why do people hold their breath as they approach orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
The reason people hold their breath as they approach orgasm is because their thoracic diaphragm is c...
What Body Parts Help Women Have Orgasms?
What Is an Orgasm?
What Is an Orgasm?