Does having an orgasm increase the likelihood of conception?

While it's by no means necessary to have an orgasm to get pregnant, women who orgasm between 1 minute before and 45 minutes after their partner's ejaculation have a higher tendency to retain sperm compared to those who don't have an orgasm.

On the man's side, orgasm is required, because during orgasm fireworks in the brain cause contractions in lots of muscles in his body. Those contractions help him penetrate deeper and squeeze the prostate to eject sperm deep into the vagina.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Orgasm

Does ejaculation volume decrease with age?
Arthur R. Crowley, MDArthur R. Crowley, MD
The average ejaculate volume is between 2 and 10ml (1/3 tsp - 2 tsp). Many factors affect total volu...
Can orgasms improve health?
Dr. Marsha LucasDr. Marsha Lucas
Lack of orgasms can contribute to prostate health problems in men. Orgasms also increase oxytocin, w...
What Is an Orgasm?
What Is an Orgasm?
What Body Parts Help Women Have Orgasms?