Does having an orgasm increase the likelihood of conception?

While it's by no means necessary to have an orgasm to get pregnant, women who orgasm between 1 minute before and 45 minutes after their partner's ejaculation have a higher tendency to retain sperm compared to those who don't have an orgasm.

On the man's side, orgasm is required, because during orgasm fireworks in the brain cause contractions in lots of muscles in his body. Those contractions help him penetrate deeper and squeeze the prostate to eject sperm deep into the vagina.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Orgasm

Can You Actually Live Longer If You Have More Orgasms?
Orgasm, climax, the big O—whatever you want to call it, you’re probably a big fan. But did you know that, according to a Planned Parenthood survey, 15...
How can having an orgasm help relieve pain?
Eva B. Cwynar, MDEva B. Cwynar, MD
Endorphins are released during orgasm and can provide varying degrees of pain relief. Oxytocin l...
Why does a woman’s orgasm matter when trying to conceive?
Good In BedGood In Bed
According to one popular theory, a woman’s orgasm may help increase her chances of getting pregn...
What Body Parts Help Women Have Orgasms?