Why does sexual foreplay matter with premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
Foreplay is important for women before sex. A stereotypical lament of many women is that guys don’t spend enough time on foreplay -- they skip over the appetizers and go straight to the main course. But female anatomy and sexual arousal dictates that lots of women need some amount of foreplay, or “outercourse,” to climax. So here’s another opportunity for men with premature ejaculation to shine. You’re going to spend most of your time with her enjoying foreplay, topped off with some intercourse. Done well, that can make your partner a really happy woman.

The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

Who experiences premature ejaculation?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Although the stereotype of premature ejaculation (PE) tends to be a horny teenager who can’t control...
What is an ejaculatory threshold?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
The old “think about baseball” trick doesn’t work for guys with premature ejaculation (PE). They can...
How Common Is Premature Ejaculation?
How Common Is Premature Ejaculation?
How Can I Last Longer During Sex with Premature Ejaculation?