Can Priligy (dapoxetine) be used to treat premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health

Priligy (dapoxetine) can help to treat premature ejaculation (PE). Priligy is prescribed “off label” by physicians, which means that the medication is typically used to treat another condition. Below is a brief list of some things you may need to know about the drug:

• Type: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor

• Side effects: nausea, headache, dizziness, nervousness

• What to expect: suitable for “on-demand” use -- taken before you have sex, not every day

Notes: Not yet available in the U.S. By prescription in some countries, including Germany, Finland, and Sweden

The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

What Are the Most Common Concerns Men Have About Their Sexual Health?
How Can Masturbating Help Me Manage Premature Ejaculation?
How Is Premature Ejaculation Treated?
How Is Premature Ejaculation Treated?
How Do I Cope If Sexual Health Issues Make Me Feel Like Less of a Man?