How can porn films help me deal with premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health

For most couples dealing with premature ejaculation (PE) (and, let’s face it, for most couples, period), the over-the-top scenarios we see in porn are impractical. But that doesn’t mean we can’t borrow some ideas. One concept in porn films helpful to men with PE is that of a script. Just as porn stars are really acting out a predetermined fantasy, you can use sex scripts to help control the action in your bedroom.

Of course, you don’t actually write up scenes and dialogue. But predictability can be a real boon to guys with PE. A little advance planning helps you stay in control and know what’s, um, coming next. Think about what works for you ahead of time.

The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

How common is premature ejaculation?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Although more studies are needed, research suggests that premature ejaculation (PE) may affect about...
What is an ejaculatory threshold?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
The old “think about baseball” trick doesn’t work for guys with premature ejaculation (PE). They can...
How Can I Talk About My Premature Ejaculation with My Partner?
Does Premature Ejaculation Get Better Over Time?