As a woman with a normal libido, how can my partner's low libido affect me?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
The misconceptions surrounding male sex drive can be harmful to you, your partner, and your relationship. If you're a woman with a healthy sex drive, it can be beyond frustrating to have a guy who's less than enthusiastic about getting it on. Because society tends to view men as sex-obsessed aggressors who always make the first move, it's easy to take it personally when he'd rather balance his checkbook than check you out. You feel rejected, disappointed, hurt, and start to wonder if he really is attracted to you or not.

There's no doubt about it: Being constantly turned down by your guy in the bedroom can be a major blow to your self-esteem.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

How Does Menopause Affect a Woman's Libido?
What Factors Can Make It Difficult to Get Aroused, Even If a Woman's Sex Drive Is Fine?
Is There a Dietary Supplement or Exercise that is Safe and Effective to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
When Should Women Start Being Tested for Human Papillomavirus (HPV)?