As a woman with a normal libido, how can my partner's low libido affect me?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
The misconceptions surrounding male sex drive can be harmful to you, your partner, and your relationship. If you're a woman with a healthy sex drive, it can be beyond frustrating to have a guy who's less than enthusiastic about getting it on. Because society tends to view men as sex-obsessed aggressors who always make the first move, it's easy to take it personally when he'd rather balance his checkbook than check you out. You feel rejected, disappointed, hurt, and start to wonder if he really is attracted to you or not.

There's no doubt about it: Being constantly turned down by your guy in the bedroom can be a major blow to your self-esteem.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

What can I do to increase my sex drive?
Our partners can be remarkably out of touch with understanding what gets us in the mood. Instead of ...
How can my partner and I handle differing sexual desire levels?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
One solution is to embrace your desire differences and find a frequency that works for both of you. ...
Are Herbal or Other Dietary Supplements Safe and Effective to Treat Menopause Symptoms?
Are There Any Risks Associated with Surgery to Treat a Relaxed Vagina?