As a woman with a normal libido, how can my partner's low libido affect me?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
The misconceptions surrounding male sex drive can be harmful to you, your partner, and your relationship. If you're a woman with a healthy sex drive, it can be beyond frustrating to have a guy who's less than enthusiastic about getting it on. Because society tends to view men as sex-obsessed aggressors who always make the first move, it's easy to take it personally when he'd rather balance his checkbook than check you out. You feel rejected, disappointed, hurt, and start to wonder if he really is attracted to you or not.

There's no doubt about it: Being constantly turned down by your guy in the bedroom can be a major blow to your self-esteem.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

How can sleep apnea affect desire for sexual activity?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder in which breathing is interrupted during sleep or you breathe shallo...
Which hormones can affect male libido?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
For some men, decreased levels of testosterone may be to blame for a flagging libido. This hormone h...
What Do I Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Lubricants or Moisturizers to Treat Vaginal Dryness?
What Is Healthy Sexual Function in Men?
What Is Healthy Sexual Function in Men?