What foods can decrease my sex drive?

The following are some foods that can decrease your sex drive:

Soybeans: Soy foods such as edamame contain phytoestrogens (plant estrogens) that disrupt the balance of testosterone and estrogen. Based on dietary guidelines, eating more than 25 grams of soy per day is not recommended.
  • 2 cups of soybeans = 25 grams of soy isoflavones
  • 12 cups of soy milk = 25 grams of soy isoflavones
Coffee: Too much coffee spikes stress hormones such as cortisol, which puts you in fight or flight mode, making it difficult to relax and thus lowering your libido. Avoid drinking coffee before you're planning on cozying up to your partner.

Sauerkraut: Regular sauerkraut contains almost 1000 mg of salt per cup, 40% of what is recommended for the whole day. Too much salt causes hypertension, which constricts blood vessels and reduces libido. Before eating sauerkraut, rinse it with water to get rid of excess salt.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

Should a Woman on Hormone Therapy for Low Libido have Annual Mammogram?
What Kind of Emotional Factors Can Affect My Ability to Orgasm?
Best Foods for a Better Sex Life
Best Foods for a Better Sex Life
When Should Women Start Being Tested for Human Papillomavirus (HPV)?