A Answers (2)
Having sex regularly isn't just good for your mind, it's also good for your body, says obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. Evelyn Minaya. Watch the video to learn about the benefits of sex during menopause.
There are many benefits to having a healthy sex life:
- Sex burns about 200 calories during 30 minutes of active sex.
- Regular sex promotes circulation and lubrication.
- Having sex three times a week can make you look and feel 10
years younger, thus boosting self-esteem.
- Sex is the safest sport you’ll ever enjoy.
- Sex releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense
of euphoria that can reduce depression.
- Sex is a stress reliever. It is ten times more effective than Valium.
- Sex can relieve headaches by releasing the tension that restricts
blood vessels in the brain.
- Sex is a natural antihistamine that can help with asthma and hay
- Sex can lower your cholesterol by tipping the high-density
lipoprotein (HDL)/low-density lipoprotein (LDL) (good kind/bad
kind) cholesterol balance towards the HDL (good) side.
- Regular sex can boost estrogen levels. Estrogen keeps your hair
shiny and skin smooth and it helps reduce the chances of
getting dermatitis and rashes.
- The actual sex act triggers the release of oxytocin that promotes
more good feelings.
- Sex can help you sleep better because the levels of oxytocin, a
sleep-inducing hormone, can be five times higher than normal
during love making.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.