How do medications treat low sex drive?

Medications are not always needed to treat a low sex drive, but they can help if the underlying cause is physical. For people whose low libido is caused by low levels of testosterone or estrogen, medications in the form of hormone therapy may help. Hormone supplements are available in many forms, including patches, pills, and gels. These medications may help re-balance the hormones that are responsible for your sex drive. Certain medications can also cause low sex drive, so if you think that's the case, talk to your doctor about switching medications.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

What foods can boost my sex drive?
Eva B. Cwynar, MDEva B. Cwynar, MD
A beautifully woven theme running through the Kama Sutra is the sensual power of food and drink to e...
Is it normal to have a good libido as I get older?
Not everyone sees a dip in their libido as they age, but is this normal? Watch the video to find ...
What Are the Problems Women May Face with Achieving Orgasms?
What Causes Pain During Sexual Intercourse?