Does low sex drive affect men differently than women?

Both men and women can experience a low sex drive, and it often affects the sexes similarly. The causes and symptoms vary from person to person, so it's not really dependent on whether you're male or female. Certain causes such as pregnancy and menopause may only affect women, but the underlying cause - hormonal changes - may also affect men. In both men and women, low sex drive is a lack of interest in sex, and men and women may be equally distressed by this problem.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

How can I initiate sex even if I do not have a desire for it?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Feminist lesbian sex therapist Susan Iasenza suggests reframing the issue from “desire” for sex to “...
Why do women experience a decrease in libido as they age?
Dropping Hormone Levels: Well before women hit menopause, their bodies begin to make changes that af...
Is It Normal for a Man's Libido to Change with Age?
What Are the Problems Women May Face with Achieving Orgasms?