Can adults develop low sex drive later in life?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

It's pretty common for adults to develop some form of low sex drive later in life. Even if people have had normal sex drives throughout their entire lives, sex drive may start to decrease at some point. As people become older, their sex glands stop producing the same levels of hormones that control sexual desire, which may decrease libido. Other issues that come with aging - such as a decrease in stamina and mobility - may also make sex less enjoyable, causing a lower libido.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

What Factors Can Make It Difficult to Get Aroused, Even If a Woman's Sex Drive Is Fine?
Can an Active, Healthy Sex Life Help Alleviate Menopause Symptoms?
Is There a Dietary Supplement or Exercise that is Safe and Effective to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
What Kind of Emotional Factors Can Affect My Ability to Orgasm?