Can adults develop low sex drive later in life?

It's pretty common for adults to develop some form of low sex drive later in life. Even if people have had normal sex drives throughout their entire lives, sex drive may start to decrease at some point. As people become older, their sex glands stop producing the same levels of hormones that control sexual desire, which may decrease libido. Other issues that come with aging - such as a decrease in stamina and mobility - may also make sex less enjoyable, causing a lower libido.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

How can I initiate sex even if I do not have a desire for it?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Feminist lesbian sex therapist Susan Iasenza suggests reframing the issue from “desire” for sex to “...
How can fear after a heart attack affect sexual activity?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
After you or your partner has a heart attack, it is only natural that you may be worried about wheth...
What Kind of Emotional Factors Can Affect My Ability to Orgasm?
What Is Healthy Sexual Function in Men?
What Is Healthy Sexual Function in Men?