Will antidepressants affect my sex life?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
Sexual issues are common side effects of antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs. Research suggests that 37% of people who take antidepressants experience some form of sexual dysfunction, from decreasing libido to increasing the time it takes to reach orgasm.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Dangerous Erections: What Happens When "It" Won't Go Down
If you’ve seen commercials for erectile dysfunction meds on TV, you’ve probably heard the warnings about four-hour erections. (A detail like that is h...
What does society think about homosexuals?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
We have grown up in a society that largely condones negative messages about queer people. It is almo...
10 Best Cities for Sex
10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex
Find out where men and women are really satisfied.
How Can I Pinpoint Why My Libido Is Low?