Why is sex ed taught?

Sharine Forbes
Geriatric Medicine
Sex education is taught in order to help people make informed decisions about their sexual activity. Sex education is important becaue is helps provide useful information like putting on a condom, anatomy of the sex organs, safe sex, STD awareness, celibacy, preventing teenage pregnancy, and what community resources are available. Sex education is an important part of learning about your body and the body of others. Remember to always practice safe sex!
Sex ed class is not what it used to be, if it was taught at all. In this video, Dr. Oz quizzes his viewers and shows that they may need a refresher course in sexual education.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

5 Surprising Tips for Better Sex
5 Surprising Tips for Better Sex
You don't have to rely on a special occasion to be romantic. You can keep the sparks flying year-round with a few simple tricks to boost libido and ha...
Should sex stop at a certain age?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Simple answer, No. However, at any age, you may not choose to be sexually active for any number of r...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Deal With Performance Anxiety?