Who is a virgin?

A virgin, traditionally, is someone who has not had sexual intercourse. Although both men and women are virgins before they have had sex, the main pressure to be a virgin has been on women. Whether virginity is revered or denigrated, judging girls and women solely on the basis of their sexual behavior limits who they are.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How Can I Stay in Good Sexual Health as I Age?
What Is the Most Important Tip for a Good Sex Life?
Should a Woman on Hormone Therapy for Low Libido have Annual Mammogram?
Can Orgasms Improve My Health?
Can Orgasms Improve My Health?