What is transphobia?

Transphobia is the fear of and hatred toward transgender or transexual people. It involves much more than a slanderous term being uttered on a street corner late at night. Because the system of two rigid genders is so prevalent in society, people who don't fit this norm find it difficult to attend school, hold jobs, or even go to public restrooms without the fear of rejection, harassment, violence, or even arrest.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex In Your Seventies
Sex In Your Seventies
People are often surprised when someone in their late 70s becomes a dad or someone with a TV image as sweet as The Partridge Family mom Shirley Jones ...
What is intercourse?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Intercourse is a form of lovemaking that is often well suited to men's orgasm and pleasure, but not ...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Boost My Libido?
How Can I Boost My Libido?