What are pheromones?

Pheromones - odorless (to your conscious smeller) steroids that can be detected at picogram concentration (that's one trillionth of a gram, sort of like a single molecule dancing along) - float through the air, stimulate nerves in your nose. The nerve signals are carried to your brain, and trigger complicated chemical reactions that ultimately end with a question like, "Can I buy you a drink?" (They're also important because they help animals distinguish each other - so that father doesn't naturally breed with daughter and thus increase the chance of genetic mutations.)
Pheromones and testosterone both seem to be direct drivers of sexual desire and activity in long-term relationships. (Even after we find a mate, we can respond to all kind of pheromones of different people; some attract us and some repel us.) Some research even indicates that pheromones applied to the skin increase the amount of sex between and among men and women.
You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How Can I Deal With Performance Anxiety?
How Often Do Most Married Couples Have Sex?
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?
How Can I Have More Fun With Sex?
How Can I Have More Fun With Sex?