Should I wait before having sex if I'm trying to impregnate my wife?

Like a circus show, the amount of times you have sex is a delicate balancing act (what you do with a trapeze is your own business). Studies agree that semen volume and sperm concentration increase with prolonged sexual abstinence. Studies also find that ejaculating several times per week will give you the highest number of fully functioning sperm.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

New Condoms? It's a Wrap
New Condoms? It's a Wrap
Powerball jackpots? You’ve got about a 1 in 175 million chance. Getting struck by lightening this year -- 1 in 700,000. But the 11 finalists of the Bi...
What is anal stimulation?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
The anus can be stimulated with fingers, tongue, penis, dildo, or any slender object (so long as it ...
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
They do a number on your sex life—and can point to even bigger health problems.
Should a Woman on Hormone Therapy for Low Libido have Annual Mammogram?