Should I stop taking antidepressants if they’re affecting my sex life?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
First, examine the issue honestly. If you’re interested in sex again whereas you weren’t at all before, your libido actually has increased. If you now take 10 minutes to reach orgasm whereas in the past you took five, you and your partner can manage that. For other concerns, talk with your doctor about switching to a less-problematic medication.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Women's Embarrassing Sex Questions, Answered
Having sex is one thing—talking about it is another, especially if something is interfering with your ability to enjoy sex. In fact, you may have conc...
How does sexual orientation affect response to sexual stimuli?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
The simple answer to this question is no, your response to sexual stimuli is no different. Getting t...
10 Best Cities for Sex
10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex
Find out where men and women are really satisfied.
What Body Parts Should I Focus on to Stimulate My Partner?