What is spontaneous desire when it relates to sexual response?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

Spontaneous desire, which is more typical of male sexuality, works like this: You’re walking down the street and for no immediately obvious reason you think, “Hmm. I’d like to have sex!” Or you’re taking a shower, getting ready for bed and you think, “Hmm. I’d like to have sex!”

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

The Sexual Side Effects of Antidepressants
If you suffer from depression, the goal of taking medications is to help put you on the right path to overcome your symptoms. But navigating that road...
Are there therapies for female sexual enhancement?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
If you type in 'female sexual enhancement therapy' into Bing, it will return 5,130,000 items. If you...
Healthy, Satisfying Sex at Every Age
Healthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every Age
Expert tips for incredible sex from your 20s to 80s.
What Are the Most Common Sexual Health Concerns Among Your Patients?