How does sexual orientation affect response to sexual stimuli?

The simple answer to this question is no, your response to sexual stimuli is no different. Getting turned on is getting turned on, whether you are straight, gay, bi- or whatever. What turns you on is different. The object of your sexual desire is very personal and heavily related to both sexual orientation and experience. If you are a hetero female raised with nothing but brothers, the male anatomy might not be quite such a turn on because it was an every day life experience in some way. You may be a lesbian and find the male anatomy stimulating because its an unknown not because you want to have sex with a man. Sexual stimulation, while it all produces the same result, is very personal. It also does not dictate sexual behaviour. Arousal doesn't mean acting out on the impulses. We are socialized to control those impulses from an early age.
Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
More women than men identify as bisexual, and more men than women identify as gay. Again, no one knows why this is or what it might mean for male and female human sexuality. It’s also the case that women will respond (genitally) to a much wider array of sexual stimuli -- images of apes having intercourse, for example. Men respond to a relatively limited set of stimuli, depending on their sexual orientation.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Too Much TV Time Can Sabotage Your Sperm Count
Men: Put down the remote and step away from the couch. All that time you spend watching TV (you know who you are) could seriously slash your sperm cou...
How do I prevent scheduled sex from spoiling my sex life?
Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MDHilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
You may not have complete control over the days you have sex, but you can certainly change what you ...
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
You can improve your health just by being intimate.
Why Should I Share Sexual Fantasies With My Partner?