Can sexual dysfunction be prevented?

Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Geriatrics Nursing

As with any health function, your best protection against dysfunction is being as generally healthy as possible: adequate sleep, balanced nutrition, daily exercise and risk control such as keeping immunizations current.

When it comes to sexual health, there are a couple of other facets of health that need to be included: emotional, social, and spiritual. It is important to understand what you think, 'feel' and believe when it comes to sexual and reproductive functions. Do you want to have children? Are you comfortable with premarital sex? Are there any sexual activities that are forbidden for you? If you behave in your life as you believe in your heart, you will be more likely to be a healthy sexual being.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Are There Any Risks Associated with Surgery to Treat a Relaxed Vagina?
What Is a Relaxed Vagina?
What Is a Relaxed Vagina?
What Should I Do After Sex?
What Should I Do After Sex?
What Is Sexual Health?
What Is Sexual Health?