Can sexual dysfunction be prevented?

As with any health function, your best protection against dysfunction is being as generally healthy as possible: adequate sleep, balanced nutrition, daily exercise and risk control such as keeping immunizations current.

When it comes to sexual health, there are a couple of other facets of health that need to be included: emotional, social, and spiritual. It is important to understand what you think, 'feel' and believe when it comes to sexual and reproductive functions. Do you want to have children? Are you comfortable with premarital sex? Are there any sexual activities that are forbidden for you? If you behave in your life as you believe in your heart, you will be more likely to be a healthy sexual being.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Thinking About Your Partner May Boost Your Mood
Feeling down, stressed out and low on energy can do more harm than good to your sex life. But one study that suggests there's an easy way to put your ...
Why do I feel like I need to pee during sex?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
When you put pressure on the G-spot, particularly during intercourse, you may feellike you need to p...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Long Does Sexual Intercourse Usually Last?