How does sexual dysfunction affect men?

Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Geriatrics Nursing

Men most commonly experience sexual dysfunction as a persistent inability to get and maintain an erection.  There are many reasons for this including lack of interest in the current sexual partner, low blood pressure, certain medications, guilt from extramarital sexual activity, etc.  Solutions to this dysfunction are as varied as the reasons for the dysfunction.

Because sex is usually enjoyed in a relationship(s), dysfunction in the sexual partner will result in dysfunction for a man as well.  Sexual dysfunction is experienced as a couple no matter who has the problem.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How Can I Talk to My Partner About Sex?
How Can I Talk to My Partner About Sex?
What Should I Avoid Doing When It Comes to Sex?
Does Size Matter?
Does Size Matter?
What Should I Never Do During Sex?
What Should I Never Do During Sex?