What is responsive desire when it relates to sexual response?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
Responsive desire is when motivation to have sex begins after sexual behavior has started. As in, you’re doing something else when your partner comes over and starts kissing you, and you think, “Oh, yeah! That’s a good idea!” Or you and your partner set aside Friday night as sex night, and then Friday arrives and you’re, like, “Oh, sex night. But I’m so tired.” But you made a deal, so you get started -- and before long, you’ve forgotten you were tired.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

My Legs Shake After Sex. Is That Normal?
If you’ve ever wrapped up a romp in the hay with shaky legs, you’re probably wondering why. While everyone’s body responds to orgasms differently, sha...
Is cycling bad for a man's sexual health?
Dr. Harry Fisch, MDDr. Harry Fisch, MD
Bike riding is the ultimate healthy sport, right? Easy on the knees, great for cardio and strength-b...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
Why Is Little or No Sex Drive Something I Shouldn't Ignore?