How can parents fit sex into their busy lives?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Seize the moment. Smart parents know that they’ve got to grab time for sex when they can find it. Set your alarm an hour earlier than usual, take a “lunch” break for an afternoon delight, share a shower together, do it during naptime, or squeeze in your own play date when your child is visiting a friend. Another benefit of the quickie? You’ll likely have sex in some less-expected places, from your kitchen table to your bathroom floor to your car. Or take things further by groping each other (if not having actual intercourse) in an elevator, movie theater, locked restroom, or other public place. The change in venue and thrill of getting caught is sure to spice things up.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex Does Not Inhibit Athletic Performance
 In 2007, Sylvester Stallone gave up having sex in order to improve his performance as Rocky in his movie Rocky Balboa. That’s taking the commonly hel...
Does Frequent Sex Make You Smarter?
Does Frequent Sex Make You Smarter?
As the trailer for Genius, the TV docudrama about the life of Albert Einstein, makes clear, Einstein was many things, but monogamous was not one of th...
How Can I Stay in Good Sexual Health as I Age?
Should a Woman on Hormone Therapy for Low Libido have Annual Mammogram?