What nutritional supplements can aid sexual health?

L-arginine, an amino acid, is a building block of protein and converts to nitric oxide, which is vital to sexual arousal. Pycnogenol is a combination of many antioxidants extracted from the bark of a pine tree and is known to protect the heart, fight those nasty free radicals, and increase sexual arousal. Omega-3s, which are found in certain fish oils, reduce plaque that builds up in arterial walls and impairs blood flow, hence increasing levels of sexual arousal and response. Vitamins C and E are powerful antioxidant supplements that protect against free radicals and reduce fatty deposits in the blood. Most of these vitamins and minerals can be found in a quality multivitamin or simply by eating nutritiously.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Back Pain During Sex? Maybe It's Time to Switch Positions
Using those back muscles with extra gusto during sex may not be such a good call for back pain sufferers whose aches often interfere with pleasure. Bu...
What is sex therapy?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
There are different types of sex therapy. One type is employed by couples in order to help with any ...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?