What should I do if my partner and I haven’t had sex in a while?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
Try it, even if you don’t feel like it. Take care of yourselves: Minimize stress, exercise, eat right, and get adequate sleep, so you feel your best. Also, hug your way to more desire. Studies show a 20-second hug raises oxytocin, the hormone that facilitates a sense of connection.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex Therapy Is Not What You Think—Here’s Why
Let’s face it, for many couples, there are times when the fireworks may fizzle a little—or a lot. There may be relationship issues that get in the way...
Can sexually transmitted infections (STIs) cause health problems?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Yes, STIs can and do cause health problems. The scariest problems are the ones you can't detect. Clo...
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
You can improve your health just by being intimate.
Should I Talk Dirty During Sex?
Should I Talk Dirty During Sex?