How do women become sexually aroused?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
Because 70 percent of women don't climax from intercourse alone, it's important that men become skilled in other ways of stimulating their partners, including kissing, touching, sharing fantasies, and stimulating the clitoris manually, orally, or with a vibrator.

As a woman gets more and more aroused, all the erectile tissue that surrounds the vagina becomes more and more filled with blood. This tissue includes the clitoris, the G-spot, the vestibular bulbs, and erectile tissue found behind the vagina and above the perineum. This results in more tightness around the opening of the vagina and increases a woman's pleasure.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Heat Up Your Sex Life With Yoga Benefits
Feel like you've been looking for love in all the wrong places? Head for a yoga class, because another benefit of this ancient exercise has just come ...
Why is relaxation so important for anal play?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Relaxation. The anus is composed of two sphincters of muscle. The outer sphincter is under conscious...
10 Best Cities for Sex
10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex
Find out where men and women are really satisfied.
How Can I Stay in Good Sexual Health as I Age?