How is vaginal pain diagnosed?

Celeste Robb-Nicholson
Obstetricians and gynecologists report that vaginal pain during intercourse is a frequent complaint. If you have this problem, your doctor will ask you about your symptoms and perform a complete physical exam. He or she will look for vaginal changes that can contribute to painful intercourse and will try to locate the specific areas that are most painful.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex Does Not Inhibit Athletic Performance
 In 2007, Sylvester Stallone gave up having sex in order to improve his performance as Rocky in his movie Rocky Balboa. That’s taking the commonly hel...
How does my intimate relationship with my partner work?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
The amazing thing about the way an intimate relationship works is that in it, both partners get what...
Healthy, Satisfying Sex at Every Age
Healthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every Age
Expert tips for incredible sex from your 20s to 80s.
What Affect Can Sex Drive Have on a Relationship?