How can the small size of my partner's penis affect our sex life?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
As much as women may claim that size doesn't matter, it's only true to a point. We've all been there: Your new guy is perfect in every other way -- but he's operating with a smaller-than-average penis. Or maybe his penis is just fine, but he's constantly obsessing over whether it's "big enough." Both issues, real or imagined, can put a serious crimp in your sex life. The good news? While some women may enjoy larger-sized men, the truth is that penis size in and of itself is not the key to sexual satisfaction. With a little creativity and a lot of experimentation, you can both enjoy a smokin' time between the sheets.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

(Safe) Sex Makes You Live Longer
(Safe) Sex Makes You Live Longer
“Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.” Thank you Groucho Marx for reminding us that these little guys, so important in the understandi...
Why might a woman pee during sex?
Jill RabinJill Rabin
Weak pelvic floor muscles, overactive bladder contractions, and/or incomplete bladder emptying may b...
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
They do a number on your sex life—and can point to even bigger health problems.
Why Is Little or No Sex Drive Something I Shouldn't Ignore?