How can I sexually arouse my partner if he has delayed ejaculation?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
Focus on foreplay if your partner has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble achieving orgasm and ejaculating. Don't assume your guy is turned on just because he has an erection. (That's especially true if he takes ED medications like Viagra, Levitra, or Cialis). Sexual arousal is the product of both friction and fantasy, and the guy who suffers from DE often needs a spark of novelty to get him over the edge -- and you can help him with that. Build anticipation throughout the day with sexy notes, emails, texts, or phone calls. At bedtime, share a fantasy or two to get his blood pumping. And incorporate high-friction positions into the mix.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
When your sex drive takes a nosedive (happens to everyone, now and then), you may be able to give your love life a mini pick-me-up with sexy foods. L...
What kind of challenges can I face as a transgender in society?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Many people of color are faced with difficult choices around their sexuality, gender, and coming out...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
What Can I Do to Have Better Orgasms?
What Can I Do to Have Better Orgasms?