How can I keep the spark alive in my marriage?

Arlene Feuerberg-Isaacs
To keep the spark alive in your marriage you should listen more, and be very careful about what you say and how you say it.

Every person has the need to feel understood and appreciated.  Your spouse will feel loved by you when he/she is aware that you are tuned in to his/her emotional state and that you actually care. 

Therefore it is necessary to put your own needs aside while tuning in so carefully to what is going on emotionally with your partner.  When you succeed at this your partner will feel loved, and you will keep the spark alive. 
Lisa Oz
Health Education

Part of keeping the spark alive in a marriage is staying attracted to each other, and that generally entails at least trying to stay attractive. This is not so much about how you look. It has more to do with how you feel-about yourself and your partner.

In the early stages of a romantic relationship, most people are good at making themselves desirable. They shower, shave, and use minty-fresh mouthwash. More important, they flirt, which loosely translated means they smile, make eye contact, and laugh at bad jokes. What this adds up to is a loud, clear signal that you think the other person is worth your attention. Make sure that your lover knows you still think he or she is worth it.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Faking It Isn't Fooling Anyone
Faking It Isn't Fooling Anyone
Do you fake it in the bedroom? You may not be as great at acting as you think. Turns out both men and women know when their...
What healthy habits can improve my sex life?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
The same healthy habits you rely on to keep your body in shape can also shape up your sex life. E...
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
You can improve your health just by being intimate.
What Are the Most Common Sexual Health Concerns Among Your Patients?