How can I help my partner feel better about his small penis?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
So what do you do if your partner has a small penis -- or thinks he does? First, keep in mind that he's not alone. Research suggests that men with average-sized penises are likely to underestimate the size of their member. Next, help him understand a few simple facts about female anatomy:
  • For many women, the clitoris plays a primary role in orgasm ability, as does the area around and just inside the vaginal opening, which is full of nerve endings.
  • As a result, grinding during intercourse and other types of external stimulation that involve friction (such as hand or oral stimulation of your genitals) are generally equally, if not more, satisfying than deep penetration.
  • Women who enjoy G-spot stimulation also benefit from more shallow stimulation.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

7 Things You Should Never Do Before and After Sex
7 Things You Should Never Do Before and After Sex7 Things You Should Never Do Before and After Sex7 Things You Should Never Do Before and After Sex7 Things You Should Never Do Before and After Sex
These little habits can ruin your fun and impact your health, too. Sex is fun, feels great and brings you closer to your partner—and regular intimacy ...
How Long Does Sexual Intercourse Usually Last?
What Is the Treatment for a Relaxed Vagina?
How Can Women Deal With Their Partner's Erectile Dysfunction?