How can feng shui improve my sex life?

Eva B. Cwynar, MD
If you want your bedroom to be conducive to recharging your love life, try a little feng shui. Feng shui ("fung shway") is the art of creating a home environment that supports the life you wish to live. A key element of feng shui is creating a smooth flow of chi (positive energy) throughout your home -- including your bedroom. Here are a few feng shui tips for creating sexual energy in the bedroom:
  • Place romantic images in two key places in the bedroom: the wall opposite the foot of the bed (so you can see it when lying in bed), and whatever area of the room you first see when you enter. It can be a romantic painting, fresh or silk flowers, or erotic sculpture.
  • Don't exercise in the bedroom or you will bring the energy of hard work and exertion into your romance space.
  • Decorate with warm colors, beiges, reds, apricots, and yellows. Red, the color of love and passion, is best for sexual energy. Yellow is also another very good color for the bedroom because it symbolizes communication. Include soft furnishings and a comfortable bed in the room.
  • Remove all clutter so positive energy can flow throughout the room. Clutter blocks the flow of chi.
  • Display photos of you and your partner doing things together. Avoid having too many photos of friends or family members. The bedroom is a place for you to share with your loved one. Family pictures belong in the family room.
The Fatigue Solution: Increase Your Energy in Eight Easy Steps

Every day, all over the world, millions of women are grappling with many of the same mind and body issues: low sex drive, weight gain, sexual dissatisfaction, chronic stress, anxiety,...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Statin Use May Boost Below-the-Belt Function
Doctors often prescribe statins as a way to combat high cholesterol and lower your risk of heart attacks, strokes and other serious health conditions....
How can I increase the arousal process and vaginal lubrication?
Explore the latest OTC lubricants that can help with sexual arousal.
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
What Should I Do After Sex?
What Should I Do After Sex?