How can I tell if my child is transgender?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
If a child seems to be gender- nonconforming, and they seem to express a great deal of distress about their assigned sex at birth or how they are supposed to behave as a boy or a girl, and it is more than a passing phase, then they may be transgender. If that is your suspicion, it is important to get help from medical and mental health professionals to help your child through the challenges they may face in school and elsewhere.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Back Pain During Sex? Maybe It's Time to Switch Positions
Using those back muscles with extra gusto during sex may not be such a good call for back pain sufferers whose aches often interfere with pleasure. Bu...
Why is relaxation so important for anal play?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Relaxation. The anus is composed of two sphincters of muscle. The outer sphincter is under conscious...
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
You can improve your health just by being intimate.
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?
Can a Hysterectomy Hurt My Sex Life?