How can being mindful boost my libido?

Eva B. Cwynar, MD
A study conducted by psychologist Lori Brotto of the British Columbia Center for Sexual Medicine in Vancouver focused on the practice of mindfulness, a Buddhist technique of meditation in which you reach a mental state characterized by calm awareness of whatever you happen to be experiencing at the time. For example, many women who complain of loss of libido say that they are detached from their physical feelings during sex, distracted by the many tasks they have to accomplish the next day, worries about their children, or concerns about their careers. Brotto encourages them instead to notice and focus on physical sensations and to repeat phrases such as "My body is alive and sexual" whether they believe it or not. Many of the women reported stronger libidos and improved relationships.
The Fatigue Solution: Increase Your Energy in Eight Easy Steps

Every day, all over the world, millions of women are grappling with many of the same mind and body issues: low sex drive, weight gain, sexual dissatisfaction, chronic stress, anxiety,...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Increasing Libido Later in Life
Increasing Libido Later in Life
What do men really want? "More between-the-sheets fun," is what we hear. From middle age to the senior years, even though testosterone, that powerful ...
Why do I feel like I need to pee during sex?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
When you put pressure on the G-spot, particularly during intercourse, you may feellike you need to p...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Boost My Libido?
How Can I Boost My Libido?