How can aging affect my ability to become sexually aroused?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
Sex is often slower as we age, which can be a good thing. While younger women may lubricate in as little as a few seconds, it can take older women up to several minutes to half an hour to become lubricated. The same pattern applies to men and their erections. It's important for both sexes to realize that taking longer to become erect or lubricated doesn't necessarily mean a partner isn't aroused.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

5 Things to Know About the “Little Pink Pill”
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved first prescription drug for women with low sexual desire (there are 26 FDA-approved treatments for men)...
What are some specific little things I can do for my partner?
Try doing these little things for your partner to bring back that spark in your relationship: - Do s...
10 Best Cities for Sex
10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex
Find out where men and women are really satisfied.
Why Is Little or No Sex Drive Something I Shouldn't Ignore?