What are some of the fringe benefits of having regular sex?

Other than reproduction, does sex have a higher purpose? For one, sex can serve as that nirvana moment between couples - a time when you feel complete happiness and intimacy, a time when you express your love to your mate. In other words, sex is designed to make you feel good. Real, real good. How good? For starters, consider that:
Men who have sex three times a week can decrease their risk of heart attack and stroke by 50 percent.
Women who enjoy sex tend to live longer than those who don't. Great sex makes your body feel and be the equivalent of two to eight years younger - same for men who have 150 to 350 orgasms a year, compared to the average of once per week.
Having orgasms seems to also help decrease general pain.
Increasing sex from once a month to once a week, according to researchers, is the happiness equivalent of an additional $50,000 in income for the typical American.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...
Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

There are many reasons why you should have regular sex, and not just because you think you should. Regular sex rejuvenates you, relieves stress, boosts immunity, de­creases depression, releases feel-good chemicals called endorphins, and actually improves sleep.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?
What Factors Can Make It Difficult to Get Aroused, Even If a Woman's Sex Drive Is Fine?
Can Orgasms Improve My Health?
Can Orgasms Improve My Health?
What Is the Treatment for a Relaxed Vagina?