How does sexual desire relate to sexuality?

Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Geriatrics Nursing
To me, sexual desire and sexuality are two different but related things.  Sexuality is the degree of comfort you have in behaviourally expressing your sexual nature.  Its about you.  For example, wearing high heels and a swishy skirt to make you feel sexy and feminine.  That is different than wearing the same items out for the evening because you want to attract someone to take home at the end of the party.  So, to me, sexuality is how you feel inside, about yourself, and sexual desire is how you feel about wanting someone else regarding sexual activity.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation
3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation3 Amazing Health Benefits of Masturbation
It's one of the best—and easiest—ways to get to know your body. Whether you're single or in a relationship, you shouldn’t shy away from self-pleasure....
Can a Low Libido Be a Symptom of Another Medical Condition?
What Is the Treatment for a Relaxed Vagina?
Can Orgasms Improve My Health?
Can Orgasms Improve My Health?