How common is it for couples to be stuck in a sex rut?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Most couples fall into a sex rut every now and then, especially once they’ve become parents. According to CNN, some 41 million Americans are stuck in sex ruts. Between dealing with work and kids, not to mention life’s other stresses, it’s no wonder. But beware: a rut can easily become a slump. In fact, one recent poll by NBC Today found that 30 percent of people have gone a few months without sex -- and 22 percent have gone a whole year. Talk about a dry spell!

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How Long Does Sexual Intercourse Usually Last?
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?
Should a Woman on Hormone Therapy for Low Libido have Annual Mammogram?
How Is Vaginal Dryness Treated?
How Is Vaginal Dryness Treated?