Can sexual dysfunction be cured?

The short answer is yes. However, there are exceptions related to both cause and commitment. To the extent that a medically diagnosed cause is incurable then the related sexual dysfunction will probably not respond at all or poorly. Commitment is related to the motivation and perseverance of the individual. Sometimes people can see a problem as a problem but they are not willing to devote the effort and energy it would take to resolve the problem. Sometimes the issue is a problem for the partner only and the individual gets dragged into therapy unwillingly. That rarely works to resolve the issue either. In my opinion, it is important to know where an individual is in terms of readiness to deal with an issue and commit to the resolution before starting treatment.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
Increase Sex Drive with Sexy Foods
When your sex drive takes a nosedive (happens to everyone, now and then), you may be able to give your love life a mini pick-me-up with sexy foods. L...
How does sleep apnea affect testosterone and sexual function?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
There’s strong evidence of a relationship between testosterone and sleep-disordered breathing, i...
10 Best Cities for Sex
10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex10 Best Cities for Sex
Find out where men and women are really satisfied.
What Do I Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Lubricants or Moisturizers to Treat Vaginal Dryness?