As a woman, how can I feel good about my sexuality after a tracheostomy?

So your voice has changed due to that tracheostomy. So what!? Play up your new, throaty, sexy tone with some dirty talk. Let it inspire you to try new and alluring silhouettes in the clothing you buy.

And ladies: There is nothing sexier than a confident woman. It can be hard to feel sexy when you're going through the cancer trenches, but have it within yourself to increase your confidence and body image. One of the best ways to do this is to pamper yourself. You have been through procedures that take a toll on your body and mind -- you deserve at least a 30-minute bubble bath! Lather up in a wonderfully luxurious bath and clear your mind of everything. Focus on the warmth of the water and the aroma of the bubbles. Focus on all of the amazing things you still adore about your body. The curve of your hips, the shape of your nails, or the piercing blue of your eyes -- whatever you love, acknowledge it. Then honor the strength of that body and its capability to conquer anything that stands in its way. When you take time to pamper yourself, you're taking time to celebrate your soul. If you concentrate on all you do have, rather than what you don't, your confidence can begin the rebuilding process.

While you've been busy stressing out over your scars or your throat or your stoma, you've completely forgotten about the curve of your hips and the small of your back and the delicate arch of your foot. Wear crotchless panties or a slinky nighty to cover up the areas that make you insecure, and concentrate on baring those sexy shoulders of yours, or indulging his foot fetish with a pair of sky-high heels.

And pick up some beauty products! Investing in products that enhance your inherent beauty will help you think positively about your image. When you look good, you feel confident. The feeling of limitless confidence is priceless. You can't argue with that.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Cell Phones Calling off the Sperm
Cell Phones Calling off the Sperm
Guys, want to keep your sperm healthy and increase your chances of conception if you’re trying to have a baby? Keep your phone out of your pocket. A ...
How can I keep the spark alive in my marriage?
Arlene Feuerberg-IsaacsArlene Feuerberg-Isaacs
To keep the spark alive in your marriage you should listen more, and be very careful about what you ...
Healthy, Satisfying Sex at Every Age
Healthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every AgeHealthy, Satisfying Sex at Every Age
Expert tips for incredible sex from your 20s to 80s.
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?