As a woman, what sex positions can I try after cancer treatment?

Those positions you rocked in bed before your cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment probably don't feel quite the same. In fact, you're probably feeling a little bit lost, unsure of where to put your legs, your bum, his hand… Consider this a good reason to pick up a book of Kama Sutra positions. Trying out the ones that look most intriguing could make sex fun again. Also, depending upon what you're feeling down there, certain positions may up your chance at achieving orgasm.

One of our faves is a variation of the missionary position, in which your partner should enter you and then rock his body in order to assist you in bringing your legs pressed together within his. This position makes it possible for your outer lips and clitoris to be stimulated during penetration. Another one we love requires your partner to sit in a chair with his legs relaxed. You can then straddle him and slowly lower yourself onto his erect penis. This one is great, because it offers a maximum of upper body -- and eye -- contact. Not only that, but this position allows you to have total control over both the speed and depth of your partner's thrusting. Don't want to leave your bed? Have your partner spoon you, and then slowly enter you from behind. You can then grab ahold of your partner's hand and aid him in stimulating your clitoris.
Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer

Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer

Recent studies show that 40-100 percent of men and women who have been treated for cancer have experienced some level of sexual dysfunction. Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer will help you...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Your Top Menopause Sex Problems, Solved
Your Top Menopause Sex Problems, Solved
If you’re like most of us, discussing problems with your sex life can be uncomfortable. But when it comes to sex after menopause, there's plenty to ta...
What are some alternate ways of expressing sexual intimacy?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
There are many books written on the myriad of sexual positions and activities. If you are looking fo...
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now8 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
You can improve your health just by being intimate.
Do I Need an Annual Check-Up?
Do I Need an Annual Check-Up?