Should sex stop at a certain age?

Simple answer, No. 

However, at any age, you may not choose to be sexually active for any number of reasons, including religious convictions. 

As well, at any age, you may not be able to participate in sexual activity at all or to the same degree that you were accustomed to.  Some of those reasons may be age- related such as osteoarthritis, dementia, etc.

Bottom line - a number of health issues may impact your sex life but there is no magic number involved.

Sex doesn't stop after 50. Or 60. Or 70. In fact, it never has to stop. Sexuality is a major part of who you are. Embrace the fact that your body changes. Just because you've lived in your house for a long time doesn't mean you let the weeds grow to the second-floor window or keep the furniture in the same place you did in the '70s. You take care of and redecorate your home and your body because you feel satisfaction in being attractive to others-and to yourself.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex Does Not Inhibit Athletic Performance
 In 2007, Sylvester Stallone gave up having sex in order to improve his performance as Rocky in his movie Rocky Balboa. That’s taking the commonly hel...
What treatments are available for men with sleep and sexual problems?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
For men suffering from sleep problems or problems with sexual function, it’s time to explore the...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?