Should I set goals with my daily meal plan?

It is always a good idea to set goals for your meal planning.  You should always know how much you should be eating per day so you know what to burn to either lose or gain weight depending on your goals.  Also knowing when you should eat and how much to give you the proper energy throughout the day as well.  Most people don't plan their meals out and have no idea how many calories they are eating in a day which can cause a problem if you are trying to lose weight.  So bottom line setting goals wether it is for meal planning or anything else is a good idea.
Yes, goals are important in determining your daily meal plan so you don’t eat more without realizing it. Decide what your meal plan will be for weight loss.  This does not need to be dramatic like cutting 500 calories each day. Rather, you may make 1 or 2 food or beverage changes each day -- changes that will add up over time and result in weight loss.

Perhaps you decide to switch from a sugary cola product to a diet cola product. (If you eliminate one cola a day or about 150 calories, this adds up to more than 50,000 calories annually or a weight reduction of 15 pounds.)  Maybe you will go from drinking whole milk to drinking skim or low-fat milk. Or perhaps you’ll switch from having ice cream after dinner to enjoying a sugar free popsicle. Write down these changes and keep them nearby as a reminder to stick with the commitment.

Continue Learning about Setting Weight-Loss Goals

What is a realistic weight loss goal?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
A weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week is the general recommendation for safe and sustainable weight l...
How should I set a weight-loss goal?
Dr. John C. Norcross, PhDDr. John C. Norcross, PhD
It’s difficult to reach the destination when you don’t know where it is. Vague goals beget vague eff...
3 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You Get Fit
Heidi Skolnik - Set Weight Goal
Heidi Skolnik - Set Weight Goal