How can I minimize the side effects of Zoloft?

You can minimize some side effects of the antidepressant Zoloft (sertraline) by taking it as prescribed, at the same time each day. Since it can cause drowsiness, you should avoid alcohol while taking Zoloft. Let your doctor know if you have side effects that bother you or do not go away.

Continue Learning about Sertraline

What should I know about sertraline before taking it?
Before taking sertraline, you should be aware that when taking an antidepressant, there is a ris...
How does sertraline treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Sertraline is an antidepressant that treats the symptoms of different psychological disorders, inc...
What happens if I take too much sertraline?
Seek immediate medical attention if you take too much sertraline, as an overdose of sertraline can...
What happens if I miss a dose of sertraline?
If you forget to take a dose of sertraline, take sertraline as soon as you remember. If it is almo...