How can I exercise and still protect my feet as I get older?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
It's wise to wear comfortable supportive shoes, shoe inserts, or both when you plan to increase your activity level (for example, in exercises such as walking, running, or tennis). It may also be time to consider alternative forms of exercise, such as swimming or bicycling, which put less pressure on the joints of the foot. Maintaining some form of exercise routine is vital to help offset problems later.

Continue Learning about Fitness for Seniors

4 Tips for Staying Mobile
4 Tips for Staying Mobile
A juicy orange. A handful of crunchy walnuts sprinkled on a leafy green salad. A sweet, sun-ripened pear. Turns out clean, natural foods like these do...
Why is it important to replace muscle mass as we age?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
It's important to replace muscle mass as we age, because it's key for overall strength, balance, vit...
What are two of the best balance exercises for seniors?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Any balance exercise that you are able to complete is a great balance exercise. Two great exercises ...
How strenuously can I exercise if I'm middle-aged?
If you're middle-aged, how strenuously you can exercise should begin with using activity as a way to...