How can seniors prevent dehydration?

Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

As the body ages, it has less tolerance for dehydration. Therefore, seniors should remain aware of their daily fluid intake and any conditions or medications that could lead to dehydration. Drinking water is the best prevention.

Continue Learning about Seniors' Preventative Health & Wellness

Frailty: Not a Part of Aging
Frailty: Not a Part of Aging
When Hamlet declares “Frailty, thy name is woman,” (he’s criticizing his mother’s—and all women’s—character as weak), it’s clear that he’d never run i...
How can I lower my risk for a dangerous fall?
There are many factors that can contribute to falls. An unsafe environment -- with uneven floors...
What is expected during a geriatric oncology assessment?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
A geriatric oncology assessment takes about two to three hours. During the assessment, a specially t...
Why Is Preventative Care So Important for Healthcare Reform?